Before developing new communication tools, it is necessary to pay particular attention to privacy protection. For this reason, in compliance with the new European GDPR rules applicable from 25 May 2018, we undertake to respect the confidential nature of personal information that we collect.
1. PERSONAL DATA COLLECTION
Generally, it is possible to visit our website opal-systems.be without communicating any personal information. In any case, you are under no obligation to transmit information to OPAL-Systems.
Nevertheless, should you refuse to do so, it may be that you will not be able to benefit from certain information or services that you have requested. To this end, OPAL-Systems may be required in some cases to request you to provide your last name, first name and email address (hereinafter your “Personal Information”). By supplying this information, you expressly accept that this information is processed by OPAL-Systems, for the purposes indicated in point 2 below as well as for the purposes detailed at the end of each form.
2. PURPOSES OF PROCESSING
OPAL-Systems may process your Personal Information:
- (a) for the purpose of providing information or services that you have requested (notably: sending the Newsletter, a service offering, and response to a contact request.)
- (b) for the purpose of collecting information that will allow us to improve our website, products and services (notably through cookies)
- (c) for the purpose of being able to contact you regarding various events relating to OPAL-Systems, including notably updates to products and customer services.
3. FORMS AND INTERACTIVITY:
Your personal data is collected by means of our contact form or newsletter subscription request.
We use information collected in this way for the following purposes:
- Order monitoring
- Information/Promotional offers
4. LOG FILES AND COOKIES
We collect certain information from log files and cookies. This mainly relates to the following information:
- IP address
- Operating system
- Pages visited and requests
- Date and time of connection
Using these files enables us to:
- Improve our service and personalise our greetings
5. STORAGE PERIOD
Your Personal Information is stored by OPAL-Systems only for the time required for the purpose of our exchanges (in the case of contact made via the contact form) or until you unsubscribe from our newsletter in the case of subscription to it (an unsubscribe link is available in each newsletter that we send).
6. RIGHT TO OBJECT AND OPT-OUT
We undertake to offer you the right to object and opt-out concerning your personal information.
The right to object is understood as being the option offered to internet users to prohibit their personal data being used for certain purposes mentioned at the time of collection.
The right to opt-out is understood as being the option offered to internet users to request that their personal data no longer be featured in a distribution list for example.
7. ACCESS RIGHTS
We undertake to recognise the right to access and correct data for people wishing to consult, amend or even delete information relating to them.
To exercise these rights, you can contact us via the following contact details:
127 avenue de Mersch B-6700 Arlon, Belgium
Telephone: (+352) 26 10 83 27
Section of the website: www.opal-systems.be/contact
The personal information that we collect is stored in a secure environment. Our staff are obliged to respect the confidential nature of your information.
To ensure the security of your personal information, we apply the following measures:
SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) Protocal
Access management – authorised person
IT backup procedure
We endeavour to maintain a high degree of confidentiality by incorporating the latest technological innovations to ensure the utmost confidentiality in your transactions. However, as no mechanism affords maximum security, there is always some risk when using the Internet to transmit personal data.
When you first connect to the OPAL-Systems website, you are notified by means of a strip at the bottom of your screen that information relating to your navigation are likely to be recorded in files known as “cookies”. Our cookie use policy allows you to better understand the provisions that we apply in relation to navigating our website. Notably, it provides information on all cookies present on our website, the purpose thereof (part 1) and provides the steps to follow to configure them (part 2.)
1. GENERAL INFORMATION ON COOKIES PRESENT ON THE OPAL-SYSTEMS WEBSITE
OPAL-Systems, as publisher of this website, can install cookies onto the hard disk of your terminal (computer, tablet, mobile, etc.) in order to guarantee smooth and optimal navigation on our website.
The “cookies” are small limited size text files which allow us to recognise your computer, your tablet or your mobile for the purpose of personalising the services that we offer.
For further explanations on the information provided by cookies, you will find a table below listing the different types of cookies, likely to be used on the opal-systems.be website, with their name, purpose and storage period.
2. CONFIGURATION OF YOUR COOKIE PREFERENCES
You can accept or refuse the storage of cookies at any time.
When you first connect to the OPAL-Systems website, a banner will appear detailing the information relating to cookies and other technologies at the bottom of your screen. This banner informs you that by continuing to navigate the website of OPAL-Systems (by loading a new page or by clicking on various elements of the site for example), you accept the storage of cookies on your terminal. You are also considered to have given consent to storage of cookies by clicking on the button “I accept” on the right of the banner at the bottom of your screen.
We use the following cookies on our website:
- CookieConsentBulkSetting-#: activates consent to cookies on several sites
- CookieConsentBulkTicket: activates consent to cookies on several sites
- _ga: cookie used by the “Google Analytics” platform. Records a unique identifier which is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor behaves on the website.
- _gat: cookie used by Google Analytics to reduce the rate of requests
- _gid: records a unique identifier which is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor behaves on the website.
- collect: allows data to be sent to Google Analytics on the device and behaviour of the visitor. Tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels.
- 90plan: cookie used by OVH
- 90planBAK: cookie used by OVH
Call us directly on (+32) 496 82 64 34 or send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org