OPAL SYSTEMS WON FIRST PRIZE IN 2013 IN THE CATEGORY “BUSINESS PRODUCT INNOVATION AWARD.”
“This category rewards innovative actions resulting in obvious improvement in quality of life and positive impact on the environment and usage of energy. These actions contribute to improving the well-being and prosperity of our society.”
“This prize rewards companies or research centres that have placed on the market an innovative product or service contributing to the protection of the environment and/or savings in energy and/or natural resources, in its usage or manufacture.”
THE CRITERIA USED ARE:
- Relevance: compatibility of the project or construction with respect to the goals of reducing consumption of natural resources, improving well-being, sustainable mobility issues, reducing pressure on the environment, including global warming.
- Innovative nature: position with respect to the state of the art or innovation (technology, social, etc.).
- Improvement of environmental performance: environmental performance in particular covers the following elements: indoor pollution, atmospheric emissions, protection of the countryside, consumption of natural resources, waste production, production of renewable energy, etc.
- Impact on global warming: contribution of the project or construction to decreasing greenhouse effect gas emissions.
- Improvement of well-being: contribution of the project or construction to improving individual or collective well-being, including that of the workers.
- Viability: Is this a responsible project or construction with respect to future generations?
- Repeatability: the project or construction can be repeated.